Canola College 2015 in Enid, February 19
The latest developments in canola production and marketing will be highlighted at the Canola College 2015, “Taking Canola Production to the Next Level.”
The conference will be held February 19 at the Chisholm Trail EXPO Center, 111 W. Purdue, in Enid, Oklahoma. This conference is sponsored by K-State, Oklahoma State University, Great Plains Canola Association, and partners from the canola industry.
There was excellent participation at the Canola College in 2014 and we have every reason to believe that the crowd will be even larger in 2015.
This is the premier canola education/training event in the region. The hard work of so many is paying off as the canola industry continues to gain momentum. Anyone with an interest in canola production will want to be a part of this event.”
Attendees will be able to share ideas and experiences with canola experts and more than 300 new and veteran canola producers and industry partners.
There will be an opening session and four concurrent breakout sessions with the following topics covered by experts in their areas:
- Moving Forward with Winter Canola – Mike Stamm, K-State
- Basic Production Practices – Mike Stamm and Heath Sanders, Great Plains Canola Association
- Advanced Production Practices – Bob Schrock, Grower, Kiowa, Kan., and Chad Godsey, Godsey Precision Ag, Eckley, Colo.
- Canola Economics – Eric DeVuyst, OSU Extension Agricultural Economist and Josh Bushong, OSU Extension Canola Specialist
- Soil Fertility and Soil Health – Dr. Brian Arnall, OSU Extension Soil Fertility Specialist and Jason Warren, OSU Extension Soil Management Specialist
Every attendee will have the opportunity to hear from every speaker. In addition, OSU pest management experts Dr. Angela Post (weeds), Dr. Tom Royer (entomology), and Dr. John Damicone (plant pathology) will be available to provide advice and answer questions. They will be located at a special booth convenient for visiting with attendees.
A meal and coffee breaks are being sponsored by members of the canola industry. Time will be allotted on the program for attendees to meet with Canola College sponsors at their booths.
Register for Canola College 2015 at: www.canola.okstate.edu
For more information, contact Mike Stamm at 785-532-3871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.