South Central Kansas Experiment Field fall field day, August 29
The South Central Kansas Experiment Irrigation Field near Hutchinson will host its fall field day on Tuesday, August 29. The field day begins at 5 p.m. with registration. A complimentary meal will be served after the presentations. Pre-registration to obtain a head count for the meal is requested by Monday, August 28 by contacting Gary Cramer at 620-491-3485 or by email at email@example.com.
Field day sponsored by Kansas State University Research and Extension and Kansas Corn Commission.
Field day topics and presenters include:
- Review of Growing Season Conditions – Gary Cramer, Agronomist-in-Charge, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- Kansas Corn Commission update – Paige Lutz, Kansas Corn Commission Central Kansas Representative
- Re-evaluation of recommended corn seeding rates – Ignacio Ciampitti, Crop Production and Cropping Systems Specialist
- Variable rate application of soil-applied herbicides – Garrison Gundy, Agronomy Graduate Student
- Update on cotton research – Stu Duncan, Northeast Area Crops and Soils Specialist and Gary Cramer
- Sugarcane aphid and other insects update – Jeff Whitworth, Extension Entomology
The field day will be held at the irrigation field, approximately 2 miles south of Partridge on Highway 61, at the intersection of Highway 61 and Red Rock Road, on the east side of the road. The field address is 9314 W. K-61 Highway.