Agricultural Research Center-Hays field day, August 23
Row crops, including the latest research into crop selection, tillage and pest management, will take center stage at the Agricultural Research Center’s Row Crop Roundup Fall Field Day in Hays Aug. 23.
The day starts with registration at 9 a.m. with the program beginning at 9:30 a.m. The Center is at 1232 240th Ave. in Hays. A complimentary lunch will be served.
Field tours include:
- Occasional Tillage in Long-Term No-Till
- Management of Sugarcane Aphid in Sorghum
Indoor presentations include:
- Sorghum Early Planting: Perspectives and Challenges
- Managing Palmer Amaranth in Corn and Sorghum
- Crop Selection Considerations in West Central Kansas
- Sorghum vs. Corn vs. Soybean: Economic Returns in a Challenging Market
- Selection of Wheat Varieties: Lessons from the 2017 Harvest
K-State speakers include:
- Augustine Obour, Soil Scientist, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- JP Michaud, Entomologist, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- Ram Perumal, Sorghum Breeder, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- Curtis Thompson, Extension Agronomy State Leader and Weed Management Specialist
- Dallas Peterson, Weed Management Specialist
- Lucas Haag, Northwest Area Crops and Soils Specialist
- Dan O’Brien, Northwest Area Agricultural Economist
- Romulo Lollato, Wheat and Forages Specialist
More information is available at www.hays.k-state.edu or by calling 785-625-3425.