Join K-State agronomists and extension specialists at the 2019 Tribune Fall Field Day on Tuesday, August 27. The event is located 4 miles east of Tribune on Highway 96 (to Whitelaw), then 4.5 miles north and ¾ mile east.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. MDT, followed by field tours and a lunch sponsored by United Plains Ag.
Field tours starting at 9:00 a.m. MDT include:
- Dryland corn maturity x date of planting
- Nitrogen management of dryland grain sorghum – Nitrous oxide emissions
- Dryland wheat performance – Regional results
- Kansas Mesonet – Making weather data available
- Limited irrigation of corn and grain sorghum
- Nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization of irrigated corn and grain sorghum
Presenters at the field day include:
- Lucas Haag, Northwest Area Agronomist, Colby
- Peter Tomlinson, Environmental Quality Specialist, Manhattan
- Chip Redmond, Kansas Mesonet Manager, Manhattan
- Alan Schlegel, Southwest Research-Extension Center, Tribune