Southwest Research-Extension Center Fall Field Day, August 23 in Garden City
Kansas State University’s Southwest Research-Extension Center will host its Field Day 2018 on Thursday, Aug. 23 at 4500 E. Mary St. in Garden City. The day features field tours, indoor seminars, and seed, implement and farm supply company displays.
Registration and vendor exhibits open at 8 a.m. with the program highlighting K-State research updates at 9:15 a.m. A complimentary lunch will be provided.
Field tours include:
- Weed control in irrigated corn – Randall Currie
- Weed control in irrigated grain sorghum – Vipan Kumar and Randall Currie
- Update on mobile drip irrigation – Jonathan Aguilar
- Diversified annual forage crop rotations – John Holman
- Perspectives on forbs in Kansas grasslands: Who they are, what they do, and why they are important – Bob Gillen and Anthony Zukoff
- Insect research update – Sarah Zukoff
- Pesticide safety update – Sarah Zukoff
- Core hour for commercial pesticide license – Shawn Rich, Kansas Dept. of Ag.
More information is available at www.southwest.k-state.edu or email email@example.com.