South Central Kansas Experiment Field fall field day, August 25
The South Central Kansas Experiment Irrigation Field near Hutchinson will host its fall field day on Tuesday, August 25. The field day begins at 5 p.m. with registration. A complimentary meal will be served after the presentations, courtesy of Agri-Business Committee of the Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber of Commerce and Dow AgroSciences, LLC. Pre-registration to obtain a head count for the meal is requested by Monday, August 24 by contacting Gary Cramer at 620-662-9021 or email@example.com.
Field day topics and presenters include:
- Review of Growing Season Conditions – Gary Cramer, Agronomist-in-Charge, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- El Nino and Extended Weather Expectations – Mary Knapp, Weather Data Library
- Performance of Grain Sorghum under Dryland and Limited Irrigation -- Jonathan Broeckleman, Agronomy Graduate Student
- Drought-tolerant Corn under Dryland and Limited Irrigation -- Trent Newell, Agronomy Graduate Student
- Weed Control Program in Enlist Corn – Gary Cramer, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- How to Control Enlist Volunteer Corn – Curtis Thompson, Weed Management Specialist
- Enlist Cotton: Demonstration of Enlist Duo Buffer Requirements – Gary Cramer, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- Enlist Weed Control System: An Explanation of the Components – Dow AgroSciences, LLC
- Kansas Grain Sorghum Commission – Sarah Sexton-Bowser
The field day will be held at the irrigation field, approximately 2 miles south of Partridge on Highway 61, at the intersection of Highway 61 and Red Rock Road, on the east side of the road. The field address is 9314 West 61 Highway.
More information is available by contacting Gary Cramer, Agronomist-in-Charge, South Central Kansas Experiment Field at 620-662-9021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.