South Central Experiment Field Spring Field Day, May 23
The Spring Field Day at the South Central Experiment Field will be held May 23, starting at 5 p.m. The event will be held at the field headquarters, 10702 S. Dean Road.
The main topics will include:
- Enhanced Management of Winter Wheat – Brent Jaenisch, Agronomy Graduate Student
- Dual-Purpose Wheat Varieties – Romulo Lollato, Wheat and Forages Specialist
- Nitrogen Rate Effect on Wheat Varieties – Romulo Lollato, Wheat and Forages Specialist
- Wheat Variety Performance – Allan Fritz, K-State Wheat Breeder, Manhattan
- Wildcat Genetics: The Future of Winter Wheat Development – Daryl Strouts, President, Kansas Wheat Alliance
- Canola Update on Variety Development – Mike Stamm, Canola breeder
- Kansas Wheat Commission Update – Doug Keesling, Kansas Wheat Commission
More information about the field day is available by calling Gary Cramer, agronomist-in-charge, at 620-662-9021, or email@example.com. A meal will follow the field day.