Kansas Corn Yield Contest: New publication summarizing 2021 management practices
K-State Research and Extension has released a new publication summarizing the results and management practices from the 2021 Kansas Corn Yield Contest. The publication, MF3463 is titled Kansas Corn Yield Contest, High-Yield Management 2021. Authors of the publication are Rachel Veenstra, PhD candidate in Agronomy, and Ignacio Ciampitti, Farming Systems Specialist.
The Kansas Corn Yield Contest is joined with the National Corn Yield Contest (NCYC). Kansas growers who enter the NCYC are automatically entered in the Kansas Corn Yield Contest. To participate in the Kansas contest, you must enter NCYC. This simplifies entries for growers and builds Kansas participation in both contests.
The Kansas Corn Yield Contest is sponsored by Kansas Corn and K-State Research and Extension. The Kansas Corn Yield Contest, gives Kansas farmers an opportunity to compete for cash prizes and recognition and see how their yields stack up against other growers in their area.
• recognizes Kansas farmers achieving high corn yields,
• shares crop management and efficiency data among Kansas growers, and
• provides on-farm sustainability and profitability insights.
All corn farmers are eligible to enter to the contest, but must be members of KCGA/NCGA. Your KCGA membership also includes membership in NCGA. Join here.
NCYC/KCYC Entry and Deadline Information:
- Early entry: May 2 – June 30, 2022 $75 per online entry plus one-time affiliated State/NCGA membership fee (if applicable)
- Final entry: July 1 – Aug. 17, 2022 $110 per online entry plus one-time affiliated State/NCGA membership fee (if applicable)
- Harvest entry: Aug. 18 – Nov. 30, 2022
- NCGA National Corn Yield Contest Winners will be announced Dec. 14, 2022
- Kansas Corn Yield Contest Winners will be announced by Dec. 23, 2022.
Many seed companies will cover the cost of entry and membership. Details for 2022 can be found here.
Ignacio Ciampitti, Farming Systems Specialist
Deb Ohlde, Director of Grower Services, Kansas Corn