K-State field pea plot tours, June 6 and 17
K-State Research and Extension will be hosting a series of field pea plot tours on June 6 and 17. Topics will include variety selection, herbicide options, production practices, producer experiences, and pea plant growth and development.
Gove County, Monday June 6 at 9 a.m.
- Performance test with 13 entries, seeding rate study, in-furrow fertilizer study, and seeding rate strips
- Faba bean and lentil seeding rate studies
Directions: From Grainfield/Hoxie exit on I-70 go ¾ miles south on Road 50, 1 mile east on Road BB, 1 mile south on Road 52, 1 mile east on Road AA, ¼ mile south on Road 54.
Rawlins County, Friday, June 17 at 8 a.m.
- Field pea seeding rate study and variety performance test with 18 entries
- Lentil variety and seeding rate study
- Demonstration strips of flax, Austrian winter pea, faba beans, and spring forage pea
Directions: From the intersection of Hwy US 36 and K-25 in Atwood go 6 miles north on K-25, 1 ½ miles east on Road X, South 1 ¼ miles on Road 22. Refreshments provided.
K-State Northwest Research-Extension Center, Friday, June 17 at 10:30 a.m.
- Field pea variety performance test with 22 entries, seeding rate study, and in-furrow fertilizer study
- Lentil seeding rate, variety, and date of planting study
Directions: 105 Experiment Farm Road, Colby, KS. Come in the main drive and follow the signs.
For questions or more information please contact:
Lucas Haag, K-State Northwest Area Agronomist (785) 462-6281, LHaag@ksu.edu
Rawlins County Extension office (785) 626-3192
Golden Prairie Extension District office (785) 938-4480