Canola College 2018 in Enid, Oklahoma, January 19
The latest developments in canola production and marketing will be highlighted at the Canola College 2018. This conference is sponsored by Kansas State University, Oklahoma State University, Great Plains Canola Association, and partners from the canola industry.
Canola College 2018 will be held January 19 at the Chisholm Trail EXPO Center, 111 W. Purdue, Enid, OK.
This will be the premier canola education/training event in the region in 2018. Canola College 2018 is for anyone with an interest in the canola industry including: experienced and first time growers, crop insurance agents, members of agricultural governmental agencies, and canola industry service and product suppliers. Attendees will hear from canola experts on a variety of key topics and will have the opportunity to visit with industry members who provide the goods and services needed to produce, handle, and market the crop.
Canola College 2018 topics will include:
- Why We Grow Winter Canola – Heath Sanders, OSU Southwest Area Extension Agronomist and Josh Bushong, OSU Northwest Area Extension Agronomist
- Advanced Production Practices – Bob Schrock, Grower, Kiowa, Kan., Jeff Scott, Grower, Pond Creek, Okla., and David Seck, Grower, Hutchinson, Kan.
- Interactions of Seeding Rate, Row Spacing, and Genetics – Kraig Roozeboom, KSU Cropping Systems/Crop Production
- Canola Cropping Systems – Josh Lofton, OSU Extension Cropping Systems Specialist
- Managing Harvest to Maximize Yield and Oil Content – Mike Stamm, KSU Canola Breeder
- Canola Harvest Management and Combine Adjustment – Randy Taylor, OSU Agricultural Engineering
- Canola Economics – Trent Milacek, OSU Northwest Area Extension Ag Economist and Rodney Jones, OSU Extension Ag Economist
- Weed Control – Misha Manuchehri, OSU Extension Weed Scientist
- Disease Control – John Damicone, OSU Extension Plant Pathologist
- Insect Management – Tom Royer, OSU Extension Entomologist
The very popular Canola Learning Laboratory will be continued in 2018. A meal and coffee breaks are being sponsored by members of the canola industry. The lunch program will consist of updates from Canola College sponsors. Time will be allotted on the program for attendees to meet with sponsors at their booths.
Individuals can register for Canola College 2018 at www.canola.okstate.edu. For more information on Canola College, contact Mike Stamm at 785-532-3871 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Stamm, Canola Breeder