Canola College 2017 in Enid, January 19, 2017
Once again, the Great Plains Canola Association, Oklahoma State University, Kansas State University, USDA-RMA, and partners from the canola industry are teaming up to conduct Canola College.
Canola College 2017 will be held January 19, 2017 at the Chisholm Trail EXPO Center, 111 W. Purdue, Enid, OK.
This will be the premier canola education/training event in the region in 2017. Canola College 2017 is for anyone with an interest in the canola industry including: experienced and first time growers, crop insurance agents, members of agricultural governmental agencies, and canola industry service and product providers. Attendees will hear from canola experts on a variety of key topics and will have the opportunity to visit with industry members who provide the goods and services needed to produce, handle, and market the crop.
Canola College 2017 topics will include:
- Canola Basics – Mike Stamm, K-State Canola Breeder and Heath Sanders, OSU SW Area Extension Agronomy Specialist
- Canola Planting Technology – Josh Bushong, OSU NW Area Extension Agronomy Specialist and Kraig Roozeboom, K-State Cropping Systems Agronomist
- Advanced Production Practices – Bob Schrock, Grower, Kiowa, KS and Jeff Scott, Grower, Pond Creek, OK
- Risk Management – Francie Tolle, Director, USDA-RMA, Oklahoma City
- Canola Economics – Trent Milacek, OSU Extension Area Economist, NW District
- Weed Control – Misha Manuchehri, OSU Extension Weed Scientist
- Insect Management – Kris Giles, OSU Regents Prof of Entomology
- Canola Plant Health Management - John Damicone, OSU Extension Plant Pathologist and Paul De Laune, Assoc Prof, Texas A&M
- Canola Learning Lab – Coordinated by Josh Lofton, OSU Cropping Systems Specialist
The very popular Canola Learning Laboratory will be continued in 2017. Attendees will see demonstrations and gain experience with: canola biology, canola production equipment, and the latest in spray technology. Participants will have the opportunity to learn to identify common canola production pests.
Individuals can register for Canola College 2017 at www.canola.okstate.edu. For more information on Canola College, contact Ron Sholar, Executive Director, GPCA, at Jrsholar@aol.com or Josh Lofton, Extension Cropping Systems Specialist, OSU, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike Stamm, Canola Breeder