Agricultural Research Center-Hays Fall Crop Seminar, August 26
The Agricultural Research Center-Hays is hosting its Fall Crop Seminar Aug. 26 in the auditorium at the center, located at 1232 240th Ave. in Hays.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., with presentations by K-State Research and Extension specialists on a variety of key production and economic topics through the morning, capped off by a barbecue lunch at noon.
Presentations and presenters include:
- Sugarcane Aphid: Insecticides, Plant Resistance, and Biocontrol – J.P. Michaud, Entomologist, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- Managing Iron Deficiency Chlorosis in Grain Sorghum – Augustine Obour, Soil Scientist, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- Cover Crops/Fallow Replacement in the Western Great Plains – John Holman, Cropping Systems Agronomist, Southwest Research-Extension Center, Garden City
- Managing Glyphosate-Resistant Kochia and Palmer Amaranth – Phil Stahlman, Weed Scientist, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- On-Farm Research Trials: Science at Ground Zero – Ignacio Ciampitti, Extension Crop Production Specialist, Manhattan
- Profit Variability Among Farm Operations: What Makes the Differences? – Kevin Herbel, Extension Agricultural economist, Kansas Farm Management Association, Manhattan