Northwest Research-Extension Center fall field day, August 23
Irrigation water efficiency will be featured at the Northwest Research-Extension Center fall field day Tuesday, Aug. 23 in Colby.
With the theme, “Just Add Water: Irrigation Science Today,” the event starts with registration 8:30-9:00 a.m. at the American Legion, 1850 W. 4th St. Transportation will be provided from there to the research station for field tours and returning to the American Legion for presentations indoors and a complimentary lunch.
Field tour topics and indoor presentations by K-State extension agronomists, engineers and entomologists include:
· Drought-tolerant corn hybrids and timing of water deficits – Rob Aiken
· Managing irrigation of modern corn hybrids under institutional constraints – Freddie Lamm
· Soil water sensors: Lessons from the field – Jonathan Aguilar
· Ear feeding pests on corn: Is resistance on the horizon? – Sarah Zukoff
· Nitrogen and phosphorus management for irrigated corn: Sustainability and profit – Lucas Haag
· Mobile drip irrigation: Hybrid hardware for hybrid corn – Isaya Kisekka
· ET-Based irrigation scheduling – Danny Rogers
More information is available by calling 785-462-6281.