The Southwest Research-Extension Center will host its Fall Field Day 2015 on Thursday, Aug. 27. The day starts with registration, coffee and donuts from 8 to 9:15 a.m. and features field tours, seminars, and agricultural product displays.
Field tour presentations by K-State Research and Extension specialists include:
- Summer Annual Forage Evaluation: A Revised Program at Kansas State University – John Holman, Cropping Systems Agronomist, Southwest Research-Extension Center, Garden City
- Teff Forage Grass – John Holman, SWREC
- Managing Iron Deficiency Chlorosis in Grain Sorghum – Augustine Obour, Soil Scientist, Agricultural Research Center-Hays
- Mobile Drip Irrigation for Water-Limited Crop Production – Isaya Kisekka, Research Irrigation Engineer, Southwest Research-Extension Center, Garden City
- Comparing Forage Sorghum and Corn Silage Under Full and Limited Irrigation – Isaya Kisekka, SWREC
- Weed Control in Irrigated Corn – Randall Currie, Weed Scientist, Southwest Research-Irrigation Center, Garden City
- Weed Control in Irrigated Sorghum – Randall Currie, SWREC
A complimentary lunch will be served following the morning field tours, to be followed by seminars, including:
- Limited Irrigation Research Update – Isaya Kisekka, SWREC
- The Value of Scheduling – Jonathan Aguilar, Water Resources Engineer, Southwest Research-Extension Center, Garden City
- Corn and Sorghum Insect Update – Sarah Zukoff, Entomologist, Southwest Research-Extension Center, Garden City
- Corn and Sorghum Insect ID Refresher – Sarah Zukoff, SWREC
Pesticide applicator credits are available for participants of some of the tours and seminars. More information is available by calling the Southwest Research-Extension Center at 620-276-8286.