South Central Kansas Experiment Field fall field day, August 30
The South Central Kansas Experiment Irrigation Field near Hutchinson will host its fall field day on Tuesday, August 30. The field day begins at 5 p.m. with registration. A complimentary meal will be served after the presentations, courtesy of Agri-Business Committee of the Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber of Commerce and Dow AgroSciences, LLC. Pre-registration to obtain a head count for the meal is requested by Friday, August 26 by contacting Gary Cramer at 620-662-9021 or email@example.com.
Field day topics and presenters include:
- Review of Growing Season Conditions – Gary Cramer, Agronomist-in-Charge, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- Atrazine registration review and comment period – Greg Krissick, CEO, Kansas Grain Sorghum
- Development of optical sensor based nitrogen recommendations for corn-- Ashley Lorence, Agronomy Graduate Student
- Weed Control Program in Enlist Corn – Gary Cramer, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- Update on Enlist products from Dow AgroSciences – Kristin Rosenbaum, Dow AgroSciences
- Re-evaluation of recommended corn seeding rates in corn – Ignacio Ciampitti, Crop Production and Cropping Systems Specialist
- Herbicide programs for Inzen grain sorghum – Curtis Thompson, Weed Management Specialist
The field day will be held at the irrigation field, approximately 2 miles south of Partridge on Highway 61, at the intersection of Highway 61 and Red Rock Road, on the east side of the road. The field address is 9314 W. K-61 Highway.