South Central Kansas Experiment Field Fall Field Day, August 26
The South Central Kansas Experiment Field near Hutchinson will host its fall field day on Tuesday, August 26. The field day begins at 5 p.m. with registration. A complimentary meal will be served after the presentations, courtesy of Cotton, Inc. and Kansas Cotton. Pre-registration to obtain a head count for the meal is requested by Monday, August 25 by contacting Gary Cramer at 620-662-9021 or email@example.com.
Field day topics and presenters include:
- Cotton Prospects in South Central Kansas – Rex Friesen, consultant, Southern Kansas Cotton Growers
- Drought-Tolerant Corn – Stu Duncan, K-State Research and Extension
- Grain Sorghum Hybrids for South Central Kansas – TBA
- Review of Canola Performance in 2014 – Mike Stamm, K-State Research and Extension
- Review of Wheat Variety Performance in 2014 – TBA
- Herbicide Programs for Inzen-Z Grain Sorghum – Curtis Thompson, K-State Research and Extension
- Tissue Testing for Chloride in Sorghum, Christie Edwards, Ph.D. Graduate Student, K-State Department of Agronomy
- Evaluating the Effect of Weed Management on Nutrient Status in Grain Sorghum Using Sensors – Ashley Lawrence, Undergraduate Student, K-State Department of Agronomy
- Kansas Water Vision: Water Rights and Water Use Efficiency – Greg Foley and Lane Letourneau, Kansas Department of Agriculture
The field day will be held at field headquarters, 10702 S. Dean Road, Hutchinson, 3 miles east of Partridge on West Trail West Road, then 2½ mile south on South Dean Road.
More information is available by contacting Gary Cramer, Agronomist-in-Charge, South Central Kansas Experiment Field at 620-662-9021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Figure 1. Directions to South Central Kansas Experiment Field headquarters.