Northwest Research-Extension Center Spring Field Day, June 4
The Northwest Research-Extension Center in Colby will host its 2015 Spring Field Day on Thursday, June 4, with a complimentary lunch to follow.
Registration, coffee and donuts plus introductions start at 8:30 a.m. Field tours and presentations begin at 9 a.m.
- Solid stem wheat varieties for Kansas – Lucas Haag, Northwest Area Crops and Soils Specialist
- Emerging crop pests: Wheat stem sawfly and sugarcane aphid – J.P. Michaud, Agricultural Research Center-Hays entomologist
- Nitrogen management with crop sensors – Jeanne Falk-Jones, Sunflower District Agronomy
- Kochia management in wheat stubble and fallow – Curtis Thompson, Weed Management Specialist and Extension Agronomy State Leader
- Field peas for fallow replacement – Lucas Haag
- Why are some wheat varieties more drought resistant? – Rob Aiken, Northwest Research-Extension Center Agronomist
- Wheat marketing and management outlook – Dan O’Brien, Northwest Area Agricultural Economist
Lunch, compliments of several sponsors, will be served at noon, following the last presentation.
More information is available at http://www.wkarc.org or by calling 785-259-2723.