K-State field pea plot tours: June 6, 14, and 15
K-State Research and Extension will be hosting a series of field pea plot tours on June 6, 14, and 15. Topics will include variety selection, herbicide options, disease management, production practices, producer experiences, and pea plant growth and development.
Republic County/North Central Experiment Field, Wednesday, June 6 at 8:30 a.m.
- Performance test with 12 entries, seeding rate study and seed treatment study
- Held in conjunction with K-State wheat variety and research plot tour
Directions: 1.25 miles west of Belleville on US 36
Rawlins County, Thursday, June 14 at 4:00 p.m.
- Variety performance test with 20 entries, seeding rate study, and seed treatment study
- Wheat plot tour to follow at 5:30 (CT) with a light supper
Directions: From the intersection of Hwy US 36 and K-25 in Atwood go 6 miles north on K-25
Gove County, Friday, June 15 at 8:30 a.m.
- Variety performance test with 12 entries, seeding rate, seed treatment, and in-furrow fertility studies
Directions: From Grainfield/Hoxie exit on I-70 go ¾ miles south on Road 50, 1 mile east on Road BB, 1 mile south on Road 52, ¾ mile east on Road AA
Thomas County/Northwest Research-Extension Center, Friday, June 15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Variety performance test with 30 entries, seeding rate study, and fertility studies
- Lentil variety evaluation and field pea breeding trials
Directions: 105 Experiment Farm Road, Colby, KS. Come in the main drive and follow the signs.
For questions or more information please contact:
Lucas Haag, K-State Northwest Area Agronomist
(785) 462-6281, LHaag@ksu.edu