K-State field pea plot tour, June 17
K-State Research and Extension will be hosting two field pea plot tours on June 17. Topics will include variety selection, herbicide options, production practices, producer experiences, and pea plant growth and development.
Rawlins County, Friday, June 17 at 8 a.m.
- Field pea seeding rate study and variety performance test with 18 entries
- Lentil variety and seeding rate study
- Demonstration strips of flax, Austrian winter pea, faba beans, and spring forage pea
Directions: From the intersection of Hwy US 36 and K-25 in Atwood go 6 miles north on K-25, 1 ½ miles east on Road X, South 1 ¼ miles on Road 22. Refreshments provided.
K-State Northwest Research-Extension Center, Friday, June 17 at 10:30 a.m.
- Field pea variety performance test with 22 entries, seeding rate study, and in-furrow fertilizer study
- Lentil seeding rate, variety, and date of planting study
Directions: 105 Experiment Farm Road, Colby, KS. Come in the main drive and follow the signs.
For questions or more information please contact:
Lucas Haag, K-State Northwest Area Agronomist (785) 462-6281, LHaag@ksu.edu
Rawlins County Extension office (785) 626-3192
Golden Prairie Extension District office (785) 938-4480