Canola College 2014, February 13
Canola College 2014, “Taking Canola Production to the Next Level,” will be held February 13, 2014 at the Chisholm Trail EXPO Center, 111 W. Purdue, in Enid, Oklahoma. This conference is sponsored by K-State, Oklahoma State University, Great Plains Canola Association, and partners from the canola industry.
There was excellent participation at the Canola College in 2013 and with the growing interest in and success with the crop, we have every reason to believe that the crowd will be even larger in 2014.
This will be the premier canola education/training event in the region in 2014. Anyone with an interest in canola will want to be part of this event where they will be able to share ideas and experiences with canola experts and more than 300 new and veteran canola producers and industry members.
There will be four concurrent breakout sessions with the following topics covered by experts in their areas:
- Basic Production Practices – Mike Stamm, K-State
- Advanced Production Practices – Jeff Scott, Grower and Dr. Chad Godsey, Godsey Precision AG
- Starter Fertilizer – Dr. Brian Arnall, OSU
- Insect Control – Dr. Tom Royer, OSU
- Weed Control – Dr. Angela Post, OSU
- Residue Management – Josh Bushong, OSU
- Harvesting Management – Heath Sanders, GPCA
Every attendee will have the opportunity to hear from every speaker.
A meal and coffee breaks are being sponsored by members of the canola industry. Time will be allotted on the program for attendees to meet with Canola College sponsors at their booths.
Register for Canola College 2014 at: www.canola.okstate.edu
Mike Stamm, Canola Breeder